News and Articles from bloggers who research nutrition, keto, paleo, carnivore, primal and ancestral diets.
[The views expressed in these links do not reflect those of Rosemary Cottage Clinic, nor do we endorse these views]
- SARS-CoV-2 loves linoleic acidby [email protected] (Peter) (Hyperlipid) on September 27, 2020
I haven’t posted much about the SARS-CoV-2 virus or COVID-19. Mostly because I don’t do politics on the blog and watching the utter incompetence of the UK government has been painful but not unexpected. It’s fascinating how by having a completely wrong approach, but doing it so badly, that you can actually end up with a functional approach leading […]
- Fudgy Keto Zucchini Brownies Recipeby Priscilla Chamessian (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 26, 2020
It’s the tail end of zucchini season. After you’ve grown tired of zucchini noodles, zucchini bread, and all the other zucchini creations, what’s left? Zucchini brownies are a great way to use up the last of your zucchini, while sneaking in some veggies into your dessert. Here’s how to make them. Fudgy Keto Zucchini Brownies Recipe Serves: 6 Time […]
- How to Become a Global Health Coachby Eric Ho, A-CFHC, NBC-HWC (Chris Kresser) on September 25, 2020
If you’re based outside the United States and are thinking about becoming a global health coach, there are a lot of options to consider. Find out how the ADAPT Health Coach Training Program can help. The post How to Become a Global Health Coach appeared first on Chris Kresser.
- Weekly Link Love — Edition 100by Mark Sisson (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 25, 2020
Research of the Week More sugary drinks, less brain volume. Less zinc in the blood, greater risk of COVID death. Minorities are more likely to test positive for COVID, a disparity not fully explained by pre-existing conditions. Some East Asian populations have metabolic adaptations to rice-based diets. Living with kids lowers the risk of COVID. […]
- Sarcopenia, Net Carbs, Ammonia Sweat | THRR048by Robb Wolf (The Healthy Rebellion Radio) on September 25, 2020
Last Few Lbs, Net Carbs vs Total Carbs, Ammonia/Urea Sweat, Help for a Cop, Sarcopenia Make your health an act of rebellion. Join The Healthy Rebellion Please Subscribe and Review: Apple Podcasts | RSS Submit your questions for the podcast here Show Notes: News topic du jour: Endotoxin May Not Be the Major Cause of Postprandial Inflammation […]
- How Do You Start Asking for Help?by Erin Power (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 24, 2020
Feel like you’ve got the weight of the world on your shoulders? I can totally relate. If the struggles of living in an overly busy, stressed out society weren’t enough, the fear of navigating it all mid-COVID is the proverbial icing on the cake. Whether it’s the overwhelm of managing day-to-day tasks or deciding to get a handle on your […]
- How Does Nutrient-Depleted Soil Impact Our Food, and What Can We Do to Fix It?by Katie Melville, Ph.D. (Chris Kresser) on September 24, 2020
The nutrient content of our soil directly impacts the nutrient density of our food. Find out how modern agriculture is leading to soil depletion and what we can do to stop the problem. The post How Does Nutrient-Depleted Soil Impact Our Food, and What Can We Do to Fix It? appeared first on Chris Kresser.
- Dysbiosis: What is It and How to Heal Your Microbiome by Dr. Jockers (DrJockers.com) on September 24, 2020
Dysbiosis: What is It and How to Heal Your Microbiome Are you experiencing stomach pains, gas, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, brain fog, concentration difficulties, anxiety, pain, or other unexplained symptoms?… Read More The post Dysbiosis: What is It and How to Heal Your Microbiome appeared first on DrJockers.com.
- Episode #55 – Leaky Brain Syndromeby Dr. Jockers (DrJockers.com) on September 24, 2020
In This Episode: The vital similarities between a leaky gut and a leaky brain Beware of these major warning signs (and the fallout) of leaky brain syndrome Are you guilty… Read More The post Episode #55 – Leaky Brain Syndrome appeared first on DrJockers.com.
- How to lower your triglyceride levelsby Dr Sandy (BBC) on September 24, 2020
Fat can be burned or distributed & stored – where it ends up, depends on which train track, the lipid droplet is loaded onto to……..turns out, the hoghead can be bribed The post How to lower your triglyceride levels appeared first on BBC.
- Kay’s carnivore updateby MeatRxSuccess (Success Stories – MeatRx) on September 23, 2020
https://meatrx.com/ocd-anxiety-and-weight-loss/ https://meatrx.com/kay-lowers-blood-pressure-eliminates-seasonal-allergies-and-loses-weight/ I’ve included my Part 1 already on the site just for reference – I thought my first hadn’t gone through so I rewrote another and it turns out both went through and ended up on there! Oh well, they […]
- Soupby Sandrine Perez (The Weston A. Price Foundation) on September 23, 2020
“Soup puts the heart at ease, calms down the violence of hunger, eliminates the tension of the day, and awakens and refines the appetite.” — Auguste Escoffier Here The post Soup appeared first on The Weston A. Price Foundation.
- Type I, II, or III Collagen? Different types of Collagen and How to Choose the Best One for Youby Mark Sisson (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 23, 2020
When a person goes looking for information on “collagen” supplements, they often come out more confused than they went in. There are seemingly dozens of different varieties. There’s gelatin. There’s animal collagen. There’s marine collagen. Hydrolysate and peptides. And then there are all the “types” of collagen: type I, type II, type III, type […]
- Lectin Free Diet: Why You Should Avoid This Plant Toxinby Carnivore Aurelius (Carnivore Aurelius) on September 23, 2020
If you’re like many adults you’ve tried numerous diets only to remain fat, sick and tired. A lectin free diet, as we promote in the carnivore diet, may be just the thing you need to finally achieve good health. You see, most foods encouraged in a traditional “healthy diet” are in fact poisoning you and
- Urge Governor McMaster to VETO a Bad Vaccine Bill!by The Weston A Price Foundation (The Weston A. Price Foundation) on September 23, 2020
The South Carolina Legislature has unfortunately passed bad vaccine legislation that allows for pharmacists to vaccinate young children with the flu shot. Worse yet, H.4663 would allow pharmacists The post Urge Governor McMaster to VETO a Bad Vaccine Bill! appeared first on The Weston A. Price Foundation.
- Stephen is improving his type 2 diabetes on the Carnivore diet.by MeatRxSuccess (Success Stories – MeatRx) on September 22, 2020
Stephen, AKA Orbi-Wan, is using the Carnivore Diet to repair 25 years of damage from diabetes and carbaddiction.My name is Stephen, also known as Orbi-Wan on the internet. I am a 60-year-old retired military veterancurrently working as technology support for our local school district.I am working to put my 25 years of diabetes into remission The […]
- Tracy improved her mental health, eczema, asthma, skin and lost weight on a carnivore diet.by MeatRxSuccess (Success Stories – MeatRx) on September 22, 2020
Hello! I’m excited to share my story with you. My journey to better health and well-being began 4 years ago when my husband, fairly recently diagnosed with T2D, was researching ways to manage his diabetes with diet, rather than medication. He was on a literal handful of meds that were controlling his BG, but doing nothing for his overall […]
- Jacqueline no longer suffers from chronic constipation after starting a carnivore diet.by MeatRxSuccess (Success Stories – MeatRx) on September 22, 2020
Hoping you are well, Dr. Baker! I have a lot more to my carnivore journey that I will share in due time, but I had to share one piece with you in case it might help anyone else struggling with their health. I am 32 years old and have had chronic constipation my entire life. The post Jacqueline no longer suffers from chronic constipation […]
- CA Meditation: You Need an Anti-Viral Software For Your Brainby Carnivore Aurelius (Carnivore Aurelius) on September 22, 2020
This may be a surprise to you all. But I watch documentaries. It’s tough to fit them in in between running ultra marathons, hunting beef liver for your crisps and trolling vegans on twitter. But I can do it. Recently, I watched the Paris Hilton documentary. Paris was the OG influencer and represents the modern
- Parental Burnout: What to Do If You Feel Overwhelmed as a Parentby Lindsay Taylor, PhD (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 22, 2020
Last year, an article in the New York Times described “The Relentlessness of Modern Parenting.” That word struck me at the time and has stuck with me ever since. Speaking as a mom of two, the expectations and pressures weighing on parents can indeed feel relentless. It’s not enough to keep our children clothed and fed, get them to school, and take […]
- Can a Daily Fasting Period Reduce Risk for Metabolic Disease?by gbadmin (David Perlmutter M.D.) on September 22, 2020
David Perlmutter M.D. – Empowering Neurologist: The food, the facts, the science to control your genetic destiny. By: The Dr. Perlmutter Team Time-restricted eating is likely a familiar concept to those of you who participated in our… Read More » The post Can a Daily Fasting Period Reduce Risk for Metabolic Disease? appeared first on David […]
- The Anti-Cancer Revolutionby Dr. Jockers (DrJockers.com) on September 22, 2020
The Anti-Cancer Revolution The anti-cancer revolution brings together the top experts in the world of integrative cancer treatments. When all approaches to cancer treatment aren’t readily available, how do you… Read More The post The Anti-Cancer Revolution appeared first on DrJockers.com.
- Episode #54 – Ancient Superfoods for Mind & Body with Danette Mayby Dr. Jockers (DrJockers.com) on September 22, 2020
In This Episode: Why women are truly the most untapped resource in society. How many of your daily thoughts light up your life with hope and love? Write your own… Read More The post Episode #54 – Ancient Superfoods for Mind & Body with Danette May appeared first on DrJockers.com.
- Apple Bundt Cake (Paleo, Gluten Free)by Michelle Tam (Nom Nom Paleo®) on September 22, 2020
This tender and delicious apple bundt cake is made with almond and cassava flour, but even your pickiest eaters won’t ever suspect that it’s totally grain free, gluten free, and paleo-friendly! This showstopper of a cake is super simple to throw together, especially if you have an abundance of apples. Better yet, my paleo version… The post […]
- The keys to weight loss and hormonal health for women (and men!) of all ages with Karen Martelby Paul Saladino (Carnivore MD) on September 21, 2020
Karen Martel is a Transformational Nutrition Coach who is a leading expert in ancestral nutrition, weight loss resistance and women’s hormone health. Host of the top-rated women’s health podcast The Other Side of Weight Loss and founder of the revolutionary…
- The Feasting Mimicking Diet For Carnivoresby Brad Marshall (Carnivore Aurelius) on September 21, 2020
By Brad Marshall I am starting a trial of a mostly carnivorous version on The Feasting Mimicking Diet. Maybe some of you will join me? The original trial was quite a success – I lost 15 lbs in 20 days and lowered my fasting insulin by nearly half! Many have asked about a carnivore version
- New Release, The Contagion Mythby Kimberly Hartke (The Weston A. Price Foundation) on September 21, 2020
Authors Present Evidence that “Coronavirus” Does Not Cause Disease WASHINGTON, DC, USA, September 22, 2020– The disease called Covid-19 is not contagious and scientists have not properly isolated The post New Release, The Contagion Myth appeared first on The Weston A. Price Foundation.
- Beyond Pumpkin Spice: The Benefits of Cinnamon for Blood Sugar, Infections, and Moreby Mark Sisson (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 21, 2020
As soon as the sun sets on the last day of summer, the world seems to explode with warm fall spices. We start to see cinnamon candles, baked goods, and bundles of cinnamon sticks as decor. While pumpkin spice takes center stage, it’s not actually the pumpkin you’re after – it’s the cinnamon with other warm spices that make your chilly nights […]
- More COVID19 news from Swedenby Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Dr. Malcolm Kendrick) on September 21, 2020
A few weeks ago, an emergency physician working in Sweden, Dr. Sebastian Rushworth, asked me if I would be willing to replicate an article from his blog on mine. I was more than happy; it was a great article. The only problem being that his writing puts mine to shame – in a second language.
- Low calorie vs low carbohydrate for T2D remission (DiRECT vs Virta)by Zoë (Zoë Harcombe) on September 21, 2020
Executive Summary * There are two dietary ways to put type 2 diabetes (T2D) into remission – transient very low
- #129 – Tom Dayspring, M.D.: The latest insights into cardiovascular disease and lipidologyby Peter Attia, MD (The Peter Attia Drive) on September 21, 2020
World-renowned lipidologist Tom Dayspring returns to give an update on the current thinking in lipidology as a follow-up to his 2018 five-part podcast series. In this episode, Tom discusses the growing consensus that atherogenic lipoproteins are essential drivers of atherosclerotic vascular disease. Tom further emphasizes apolipoprotein B (apoB) […]
- Protons (64) The miracle of fish oil (6)by [email protected] (Peter) (Hyperlipid) on September 21, 2020
Preamble: I started this current series of post about the ability of fatty acids with multiple double bonds to limit weight gain. To me, this is a paradox. Paradoxes are, without a doubt, the most productive sources for the development of an idea. Even as I started this current post I had no idea where it was going to end up and was bit surprised […]
- Protons (63) 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal (2)by [email protected] (Peter) (Hyperlipid) on September 20, 2020
Brief aside for a one-liner-ish post.This study gives an idea of what happens when you drink 4-HNE:A high oxidised frying oil content diet is less adipogenic, but induces glucose intolerance in rodentsHere are the diets. The rats on heated soybean oil (HO) ate relatively little so all of the other groups were partially starved to the caloric […]
- 5 Bento Box Lunch Ideas for Adults with Recipesby Priscilla Chamessian (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 19, 2020
When was the last time you made yourself a nice lunch for a work day? If you’re like most people, lunch is a bit of a scramble. That’s why we came up with 5 bento box lunch ideas for adults, so you can take a breather in the middle of the day with a meal that’s enjoyable and satisfying. We hear it a lot here at Mark’s Daily Apple: Breakfast is […]
- Growing concern about Lockdown from doctors in Belgiumby Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Dr. Malcolm Kendrick) on September 19, 2020
19th September 2020 In order to make you aware that there are a growing number of doctors in Europe who feel that Lockdown has been an unmitigated disaster, I have downloaded an open Letter from doctors in Belgium. It can be seen here. https://docs4opendebate.be/en/open-letter/ Doctors in other countries e.g. Germany have done much the same
- Weekly Link Love — Edition 99by Mark Sisson (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 18, 2020
Research of the Week Fatigue makes time fly. Researchers are exploring the “entities” people meet on DMT. Hominids were cooking food in hydrothermal vents millions of years ago. Plastic-degrading bacteria are rapidly evolving in the ocean. Probiotics help obese children lose weight. New Primal Blueprint Podcasts Episode 446: Brad Kearns: Host Elle […]
- Over-Sanitizing: The Health Effects of Cleaning Chemical Exposureby Chris Kresser, M.S. (Chris Kresser) on September 18, 2020
Many of the cleaning products we use indoors can pose significant risks to our health. Find out more about over-sanitizing and about safer (and effective) alternatives. The post Over-Sanitizing: The Health Effects of Cleaning Chemical Exposure appeared first on Chris Kresser.
- Acne, Long-Term Imodium, Salt and Diarrhea | THRR047by Robb Wolf (The Healthy Rebellion Radio) on September 18, 2020
Acne for Pre-Teen Boy, Imodium – Brain Related Issues, Water Consumption Goal, Protein Preferred Metabolism, Salt and Diarrhea Make your health an act of rebellion. Join The Healthy Rebellion Please Subscribe and Review: Apple Podcasts | RSS Submit your questions for the podcast here Show Notes: News topic du jour: Beyond Meat turns […]
- Treating COVID-19 with Vitamin Dby gbadmin (David Perlmutter M.D.) on September 17, 2020
David Perlmutter M.D. – Empowering Neurologist: The food, the facts, the science to control your genetic destiny. Over the past several months I have been writing and broadcasting about the potential role of vitamin D as it… Read More » The post Treating COVID-19 with Vitamin D appeared first on David Perlmutter M.D..
- Protons (62) The miracle of fish oil (5)by [email protected] (Peter) (Hyperlipid) on September 17, 2020
Okay, its time to look at this paper:Enhanced Peroxisomal beta-Oxidation Is Associated with Prevention of Obesity and Glucose Intolerance by Fish Oil-Enriched DietsWe have four diets, two based around low fat (10% fish oil or 10% lard), each with a little soybean oil thrown in. The other two were 60% of calories from fat, either from fish oil […]
- Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Motivation, How to Get Going When You Don’t Feel Like Itby Erin Power (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 17, 2020
“I should work out today.” “I should eat better.” “I should stop shoving food in my face.” How many times a day do you find yourself using the word should? Most of my clients know what they should be doing to improve their health, but can’t seem to motivate themselves to actually do it. That’s why they come to me. Here’s the […]
- 7 Ways to Reduce Anxiety with Lifestyle Changesby Kelli Saginak, EdD, A-CFHC, NBC-HWC (Chris Kresser) on September 17, 2020
We’re living in uncertain times—but there are ways to feel less anxious. Find out seven ways to reduce anxiety that are natural, effective, and sustainable. The post 7 Ways to Reduce Anxiety with Lifestyle Changes appeared first on Chris Kresser.
- Cardiac Autophagy: Healing Damaged Heart Cellsby Dr. Jockers (DrJockers.com) on September 17, 2020
Cardiac Autophagy: Healing Damaged Heart Cells Did you know that every 36 seconds someone dies from cardiovascular disease (1)? You don’t want to be one of them. Your heart is… Read More The post Cardiac Autophagy: Healing Damaged Heart Cells appeared first on DrJockers.com.
- COVID-19 and Foxy-Loxyby Dr. Malcolm Kendrick (Dr. Malcolm Kendrick) on September 17, 2020
17th September 2020 In the last few weeks in various podcasts and interviews people have been trying their best to get me to say that the entire COVID-19 panic is a conspiracy. I understand what they are trying to do, but I was not born yesterday! The moment you say, or even imply, something is
- Episode #53 – OMAD – One Meal a Day Dietby Dr. Jockers (DrJockers.com) on September 17, 2020
In This Episode: How the heck does the One-Meal-A-Day diet work? Two fascinating ways fasting makes your body more flexible and efficient Six unbelievable benefits of feasting prior to fasting… Read More The post Episode #53 – OMAD – One Meal a Day Diet appeared first on DrJockers.com.
- There is something “ROTTEN” in soybean oilby Dr Sandy (BBC) on September 17, 2020
Despite their cholesterol “benefits”, soybean oils have been shown to be obesogenic and diabetogenic in rodent systems……… what is the problem ? The post There is something “ROTTEN” in soybean oil appeared first on BBC.
- Does Your Digestion Need a Tune-up?by Mark Sisson (Mark’s Daily Apple) on September 16, 2020
Well, does it? We’re all going to be putting food in our bodies just about every day for the rest of our lives. Most of us will do it several times a day. We’ll chew it, send it down the esophagus into our stomach, and expose it to gastric juices and digestive enzymes. We’ll strip it of nutrients and send the excess down to the colon for […]
- RHR: Unconventional Cancer Treatment and the Gut–Dental Connection, with Dr. Al Danenbergby Chris Kresser, M.S. (Chris Kresser) on September 15, 2020
Dr. Al Danenberg is a periodontist, ADAPT Trained Practitioner, and expert on the relationship between nutrition, the gut, and periodontal and tooth health. He’s also recently in remission from cancer after utilizing some unconventional, holistic protocols during treatment. In this episode of RHR, we discuss his approach to his cancer treatment […]
- Protons (61) The miracle of fish oil (4)by [email protected] (Peter) (Hyperlipid) on September 15, 2020
There is a huge body of work on the requirement for DHA, its lipid peroxides, its use in the body but almost nothing about its bulk disposal. As in what happens to the excess DHA when you drink 60% of your total daily calories as fish oil, for weeks. As a rat.I’ve been chasing tenuous leads as to whether DHA is catabolised in peroxisomes, in […]
- Conscious Carnivore: How To Find Ethically Sourced Meatby Dr. Jockers (DrJockers.com) on September 15, 2020
Conscious Carnivore: How To Find Ethically Sourced Meat As humans, we’ve been eating meat ever since we’ve been around. It all worked fine for a long time until the meat… Read More The post Conscious Carnivore: How To Find Ethically Sourced Meat appeared first on DrJockers.com.
- Episode #52 – Mitochondria, Vitamin D and Immune Health with Dr. Jack Wolfsonby Dr. Jockers (DrJockers.com) on September 15, 2020
In This Episode: Why you should be skeptical of mainstream media coverage of health news Why health on the inside ALWAYS trumps looking good on the outside Power up your… Read More The post Episode #52 – Mitochondria, Vitamin D and Immune Health with Dr. Jack Wolfson appeared first on DrJockers.com.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Paleo, Gluten Free)by Michelle Tam (Nom Nom Paleo®) on September 15, 2020
Craving tasty and healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins that also happen to be paleo and gluten-free? These honey-sweetened almond flour pumpkin muffins can be made ahead and kept in the freezer so you can easily heat one up when pumpkin spice blend season hits! Moist pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (hey—“moist” as an adjective isn’t […]
- How Linoleic Acid is making you fat and Stearic Acid might just be the remedy with Brad Marshall, aka “The Croissant Diet Guy”by Paul Saladino (Carnivore MD) on September 15, 2020
Brad Marshall is the author of the Blog Fire In A Bottle and the creator of The Croissant Diet. Mildly obsessed with food and its history, his work focuses on trying to place current ideas about diet, including keto and…
- Dave lost 115 Lbs, reversed multiple inflammatory conditions, and improved his mental health on a carnivore diet.by MeatRxSuccess (Success Stories – MeatRx) on September 14, 2020
My name is Dave, also known as Cursing Carnivore on Instagram. I came to the carnivore lifestyle January of this year, after being on the weight rollercoaster my entire life. I had always done well with low carb/keto, but I always stalled out after a while, and would always manage to overindulge or have too many The post Dave lost 115 Lbs, […]
- Salmon Roe Nutrition: A Complete Guide to This Superfoodby Carnivore Aurelius (Carnivore Aurelius) on September 14, 2020
Salmon roe is a real superfood unlike Kale — or what I refer to as green toilet paper. It’s loaded with almost every vitamin and mineral you need to functional optimally. For thousands of years your ancestors prized superfoods like salmon roe. But western society has replaced them with green smoothies….which is almost like replacing